// CODE SNIPPET
3307.6.4.4 Vertical Members and Beams
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Vertical members and beams of the sidewalk shed shall conform with the following:
- Vertical members and beams shall be adequately braced and connected to prevent displacement or distortion of the framework.
- The vertical members of the sidewalk shed shall be plumb, with a tolerance of L/100, with "L" measured as the distance from the ground to the first X-brace or bottom of the beam.
- Vertical members shall not be placed into the street unless approved by the Department of Transportation and protected in accordance with Department of Transportation requirements.
- Vertical members placed on the sidewalk shall not be placed closer than 18 inches (455 mm) from the face of the curbline.
- Vertical members shall be placed at least 7 feet (2134 mm) from the edge of a curb cut or vehicular access point, or where placed closer, the vertical members nearest the curb cut or vehicular access point shall be protected against displacement by vehicles, or shall be identified with high visibility marking.
Related Code Sections
3307.6.4.4 Safeguards During Construction or Demolition, Vertical Members and Beams
Vertical members and beams of the sidewalk shed shall conform with the following: Vertical members and beams shall be adequately braced ...
NYC Building Code 2014 > 33 Safeguards During Construction or Demolition > 3307 Protection of Pedestrians > 3307.6 Sidewalk Sheds > 3307.6.4 Design and Construction of Sidewalk Sheds > 3307.6.4.4 Vertical Members and Beams
1906.8 Concrete, Construction Joints
Beams, girders or slabs supported by columns or walls shall not be cast or erected until concrete in the vertical support ...
NYC Building Code 2008 > 19 Concrete > 1906 Formwork, Embedded Pipes and Construction Joints > 1906.8 Construction Joints
Article 16 Sprinkler Systems [PDF] (page 33)
directly to the structural members such as trusses and girders, or to the sides of concrete beams. In the absence of available structural members, in flat ...
Article 9 Construction [PDF] (page 22)
on shells and webs where such units are set with cells vertical, the bearing members shall be buttered and vertical joints slushed full of mortar ...
2304.10.4 Wood, Roof Framing
Every roof girder and at least every alternate roof beam shall be anchored to its supporting member; and every monitor and every sawtooth ...
NYC Building Code 2014 > 23 Wood > 2304 General Construction Requirements > 2304.10 Heavy Timber Construction > 2304.10.4 Roof Framing