// CODE SNIPPET
(B) Vertical Clearance for Overhead Service Conductors
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Overhead service conductors, where not in excess of 1000 volts, nominal, shall have the following minimum clearance from final grade:
- 3.0 m (10 ft) — at the electrical service entrance to buildings, also at the lowest point of the drip loop of the building electrical entrance, and above areas or sidewalks accessible only to pedestrians, measured from final grade or other accessible surface only for overhead service conductors supported on and cabled together with a grounded bare messenger where the voltage does not exceed 150 volts to ground
- 3.7 m (12 ft) — over residential property and driveways, and those commercial areas not subject to truck traffic where the voltage does not exceed 300 volts to ground
- 4.5 m (15 ft) — for those areas listed in the 3.7 m (12 ft) classification where the voltage exceeds 300 volts to ground
- 5.5 m (18 ft) — over public streets, alleys, roads, parking areas subject to truck traffic, driveways on other than residential property, and other land such as cultivated, grazing, forest, and orchard
- 7.5 m (241/2 ft) over tracks of railroads
Related Code Sections
(B) Wiring and Protection, Vertical Clearance for Overhead Service Conductors
Overhead service conductors, where not in excess of 1000 volts, nominal, shall have the following minimum clearance from final grade: 3.0 m (10 ft ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 2 Wiring and Protection > 230 Services > 230.24 Clearances > (B) Vertical Clearance for Overhead Service Conductors
800.44 Communications Systems, Overhead (Aerial) Wires and Cables
). Supply service drops and sets of overhead service conductors of 0 ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 8 Communications Systems > 800 General Requirements for Communications Systems > 800.44 Overhead (Aerial) Wires and Cables
525.5 Special Occupancies, Overhead Conductor Clearances
Conductors shall have a vertical clearance to ground in accordance with 225.18. These clearances shall apply only to wiring installed outside ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 5 Special Occupancies > 525 Carnivals, Circuses, Fairs, and Similar Events > 525.5 Overhead Conductor Clearances