// CODE SNIPPET
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Each fuel-oil storage tank shall be separately enclosed in a vault complying with the following requirements:
- The walls, floor, and top of such vault shall have a fire resistance rating of not less than 3 hours;
- The walls of such vault shall be bonded to the floor of such vault;
- The top and walls of such vault shall be independent of the building structure;
- An exterior building wall having a fire resistance rating of not less than 3 hours shall be permitted to serve as a wall of such vault and
- The vault shall be located in a dedicated room or area of the building that is separated vertically and horizontally from other areas of the building by construction having a fire resistance rating of not less than 2 hours.