E 805.8 Valve Leakage (Form MECH-8A)
Step 1: For each pump serving the distribution system, dead head the pumps using the discharge isolation valves at the pumps. Document the following:
- Record the differential pressure across the pumps.
- Verify that this is within 5 percent of the submittal data for the pump.
Step 2: Reopen the pump discharge isolation valves. Automatically close valves on the systems being tested. Where three-way valves are present, close off the bypass line. Verify and document the following:
- The valves automatically close.
- Record the pressure differential across the pump.
- Verify that the pressure differential is within 5 percent of the reading from Step 1 for the pump that is operating during the valve test.
Step 3: Restore system to correct operating conditions.