// CODE SNIPPET
1314.5 Vacuum Source Exhausts
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The exhaust shall be located as follows:
- At least 25 feet (7620 mm) from any door, window, air intake, or other openings in buildings or places of public assembly.
- At a level different from air intakes.
- Where prevailing winds, adjacent buildings, topography, or other influences will not divert the exhaust into occupied areas or prevent dispersion of the exhaust. [NFPA 99:18.104.22.168.6.2]
The end of the exhaust shall be turned down and screened or otherwise be protected against the entry of vermin, debris, or precipitation by screening fabricated or composed of a noncorroding material. [NFPA 99:22.214.171.124.6.3]
Vacuum exhausts from multiple pumps shall be permitted to be joined together to one common exhaust where the following conditions are met:
- The common exhaust is sized to minimize backpressure in accordance with the pump manufacturer's recommendations.
- Each pump can be isolated by manual or check valve, blind flange, or tube cap to prevent open exhaust piping when the pump(s) is removed for service from consequent flow of exhaust air into the room. [NFPA 99:126.96.36.199.6.5]