// CODE SNIPPET
1314.4 Vacuum Receivers
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Receivers for vacuum shall meet the following requirements:
- They shall be made of materials deemed suitable by the manufacturer.
- They shall comply with Section VIII, "Unfired Pressure Vessels," of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.
- They shall be capable of withstanding a gauge pressure of 60 psi (414 kPa) and 30 inch (762 mm) gauge HgV.
- They shall be equipped with a manual drain.
- They shall be of a capacity based on the technology of the pumps. [NFPA 99:184.108.40.206.3]