// CODE SNIPPET
[F] 307.1.1 Uses Other Than Group H
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
An occupancy that stores, uses or handles hazardous materials as described in one or more of the following items shall not be classified as Group H, but shall be classified as the occupancy that it most nearly resembles.
- Buildings and structures occupied for the application of flammable finishes, provided that such buildings or areas conform to the requirements of Section 416 and the International Fire Code.
- Wholesale and retail sales and storage of flammable and combustible liquids in mercantile occupancies conforming to the International Fire Code.
- Closed piping system containing flammable or combustible liquids or gases utilized for the operation of machinery or equipment.
- Cleaning establishments that utilize combustible liquid solvents having a flash point of 140°F (60°C) or higher in closed systems employing equipment listed by an approved testing agency, provided that this occupancy is separated from all other areas of the building by 1-hour fire barriers constructed in accordance with Section 707 or 1-hour horizontal assemblies constructed in accordance with Section 711, or both.
- Cleaning establishments that utilize a liquid solvent having a flash point at or above 200°F (93°C).
- Liquor stores and distributors without bulk storage.
- Refrigeration systems.
- The storage or utilization of materials for agricultural purposes on the premises.
- Stationary storage battery systems installed in accordance with the International Fire Code.
- Corrosive personal or household products in their original packaging used in retail display.
- Commonly used corrosive building materials.
- Buildings and structures occupied for aerosol product storage shall be classified as Group S-1, provided that such buildings conform to the requirements of the International Fire Code.
- Display and storage of nonflammable solid and nonflammable or noncombustible liquid hazardous materials in quantities not exceeding the maximum allowable quantity per control area in Group M or S occupancies complying with Section 414.2.5.
- The storage of black powder, smokeless propellant and small arms primers in Groups M and R-3 and special industrial explosive devices in Groups B, F, M and S, provided such storage conforms to the quantity limits and requirements prescribed in the International Fire Code.
- Stationary fuel cell power systems installed in accordance with the International Fire Code.
- Capacitor energy storage systems in accordance with the International Fire Code.
- Group B higher education laboratory occupancies complying with Section 428 and Chapter 38 of the International Fire Code.