The following provisions of the IBC and of other indicated codes or standards are to be considered valid provisions of this code. Where any such provisions have been modified by the state amendments to the IBC, then the modified provisions apply.
- Special inspection requirements in Chapters 2−35.
- Testing requirements and requirements for the submittal of construction documents in any of the ICC codes referenced in Chapter 35 and in the IRC.
- Section R301.2 of the IRC authorizing localities to determine climatic and geographic design criteria.
- Flood load or flood-resistant construction requirements in the IBC or the IRC, including, but not limited to, any such provisions pertaining to flood elevation certificates that are located in Chapter 1 of those codes. Any required flood elevation certificate pursuant to such provisions shall be prepared by a land surveyor licensed in Virginia or an RDP.
- Section R101.2 of the IRC.
- Section N1101.6 of the IRC and Sections C101.5.2 and R101.5.2 of the IECC.