131-52 Use and Location of Parking Facilities
The following provisions shall apply to all parking facilities:
(a) All accessory off-street parking spaces may be made available for public use. However, any such space shall be made available to the occupants of a residence to which it is accessory within 30 days after written request is made to the landlord. Furthermore, if accessory parking spaces and spaces within a public parking garage are provided on the same zoning lot, all such spaces may be provided within the same parking facility.
(b) The off-site parking space provisions of Sections 36-42 and 36-43 shall not apply. In lieu thereof, all permitted or required off-street parking spaces may be provided on a zoning lot other than the same zoning lot to which such spaces are accessory, provided that:
(1) In the Coney East Subdistrict, such spaces are located anywhere within an area bounded on the east by Ocean Parkway, on the south by Riegelmann Boardwalk, on the west by West 27th Street and on the north by Coney Island Creek and the Belt Parkway, in accordance with all applicable underlying parking regulations.
(2) In the Coney West Subdistrict, such parking spaces accessory to the following sets of parcels, as shown on Map 1 in the Appendix to this Chapter, shall be located anywhere on such sets of parcels:
Parcels A and B
Parcels C and D
Parcels E and F.
(3) In the Coney North and Mermaid Avenue Subdistricts, such spaces shall be located anywhere on the same block.
(c) All off-street parking facilities shall be located within facilities that, except for entrances and exits, are:
(1) entirely below the level of any street or publicly accessible open area upon which such facility, or portion thereof, fronts; or
(2) wrapped by floor area or screened in accordance with the provisions of Section 37-35 (Parking Wrap and Screening Requirements). For the purpose of applying such provisions, Surf Avenue, Stillwell Avenue, Ocean Way, Parachute Way and Riegelmann Boardwalk shall be considered designated retail streets, and the wrapping provisions of paragraph (a) of Section 37-35 shall apply to such street frontages at all levels above grade. All such parking facilities shall be exempt from the definition of floor area.
(d) Any roof of a facility containing off-street parking spaces not otherwise covered by a building, which is larger than 400 square feet, shall be landscaped. Up to five percent of such roof area may be used for mechanical equipment, provided that such mechanical equipment is screened from view by a fence which is at least 75 percent opaque or by at least three feet of dense planting. Up to 25 percent of such roof area may be accessible solely from an adjacent dwelling unit and the remaining roof area shall be accessible for the recreational use of the occupants of the building in which it is located. Hard surfaced areas shall not cover more than 60 percent of such roof area.