// CODE SNIPPET
721.2.1 Use and Application [HCD 1 & HCD 2 ]
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Controlled-density cellular concrete, when used or applied, shall be in accordance with the use of materials in Bulletin No. 65 of the Federal Housing Administration, United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- 1.3. The minimum air-dry density shall be 90 pounds per cubic foot (1,440 kg/m3). The minimum design compressive strength shall be 1,000 psi (6,890 kPa) when the curing procedure specified herein is applied. The minimum design compressive strength shall be 1,250 psi (8,619 kPa) if the slab is placed in a covered area of a building and a specified curing medium is not applied. The specified design compressive strength shall be increased 20 percent when the specified strength is greater than 1,000 psi (6,890 kPa) and the slab is placed in a covered area of a building and a specified curing medium is not applied.
- 1.4. The cellular concrete shall be sampled at the point of deposit in accordance with the applicable procedures of ASTM C172, Sampling Fresh Concrete. Cylinder molds shall be either 3 inches by 6 inches (76 mm by 152 mm) or 6 inches by 12 inches (152 mm by 305 mm). Lightly tap the sides of the mold with a rubber hammer while filling the mold instead of rodding the mix. Moist cure the specimens for seven days at 73.4°F (40.8°C) plus or minus 3°F (1.7°C). At the age of seven days, remove the specimens from the moist condition and store in a temperature of 73.4°F (40.8°C) plus or minus 3°F (1.7°C) and a relative humidity of 50 plus or minus 10 percent for 21 days; remove and air dry until the time of test at 28 days. The compressive strength test shall be in accordance with ASTM C39, Compressive Strength of Cylindrical Concrete Specimens. Determine the air-dry-unit weight at 28 days.
- 2.1. The concrete shall be placed, finished and cured to produce a level, smooth surface. The concrete shall be placed in a single layer to a minimum thickness of 11/2 inches (38 mm). The deviation from a plan shall not exceed 1/4 inch (6 mm) in any 10 feet (3048 mm). The final finish of the concrete shall be suitable for the application of the specified wear- resistant covering. Cracks wider than 1/8 inch (3 mm) shall be repaired.
- 2.2. Install a water-resistant membrane between wood or plywood subfloors and the cellular concrete to prevent leakage of the concrete and wetting of the subfloor. The membrane shall consist of waterproof paper or plastic sheets conforming to ASTM C171, Sheet Materials for Curing Concrete, or Type 15 roofing felt conforming to ASTM D226, D250 or D227, or Federal Specification UUB790, Building Paper Vegetable Fiber: (Kraft, Waterproofed, Water Repellent and Fire-resistant) Type 1, Grade B. The sheets shall be securely fastened to the subfloor.
- Regardless of the provisions of Subsections 6.1 and 6.2 in Section 6, of Bulletin No. 65, relating to applicator qualifications and warranty, these subsections are omitted from this chapter.
Related Code Sections
721.2.1 Fire and Smoke Protection Features, Use and Application [HCD 1 & HCD 2 ]
to produce a level, smooth surface. The concrete shall be placed in a single layer to a minimum thickness of 1 1 / 2 inches (38 mm). The deviation from ...
Los Angeles Building Code > 7 Fire and Smoke Protection Features > 721 Prescriptive Fire Resistance > 721.2 Cellular Concrete. [HCD 1 & HCD 2 ] > 721.2.1 Use and Application [HCD 1 & HCD 2 ]
408.1 Repairs, Materials
Plumbing materials and supplies shall not be used for repairs that are prohibited in the California Plumbing Code . [HCD 1 & HCD 2] Existing ...
1501.9 Alternate Water Sources for Nonpotable Applications, Signage [BSC-CG, HCD 1, HCD 2, HCD 1-AC]
of the California Building Code. Each sign shall contain 1 / 2 of an inch (12.7 mm) letters of a highly visible color on a contrasting background. The location ...
Los Angeles Plumbing Code > 15 Alternate Water Sources for Nonpotable Applications > 1501.0 General > 1501.9 Signage [BSC-CG, HCD 1, HCD 2, HCD 1-AC]
Section 1211 Interior Environment, [HCD 1 & HCD 2] Garage Door Springs
This section shall apply to applications listed in Sections 18.104.22.168.1 and 22.214.171.124.3 regulated by the Department of Housing and Community Development ...