// CODE SNIPPET
P-716.1 Unsanitary Installations
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The fixtures and conditions listed in items 1 through 8 are deemed unsanitary and shall not be installed or maintained:
- Water closets not complying with Section P-706.1.1 or P-706.1.2;
- Water closets having an invisible trap seal, except for frost-proof closets permitted under Section P-706.7;
- Water closets having an unventilated space;
- Water closets with walls which are not thoroughly washed when the contents are discharged;
- Water closets so arranged that the contents of the bowl can be siphoned back into the tank supplying the water for flushing or into the water distribution pipe and water supply pipes;
- Floor gutter urinals;
- Wooden laundry trays and sinks, except for special uses when approved by the Department;
- Fixtures which do not provide a sufficient air gap or which may otherwise cause contamination of the water supply.
Related Code Sections
P-716.1 Plumbing Fixtures, Unsanitary Installations
The fixtures and conditions listed in items 1 through 8 are deemed unsanitary and shall not be installed or maintained: Water closets ...
Philadelphia Plumbing Code > 7 Plumbing Fixtures > P-716 Prohibited Fixtures > P-716.1 Unsanitary Installations
Section P-1505 Inspections and Tests, Test of Defective or Unsanitary Plumbing
Where there is reason to believe that the drainage and vent system of any building has become unsanitary or defective, such drainage and vent system ...
Philadelphia Plumbing Code > 15 Inspections and Tests > P-1505 Test of Defective or Unsanitary Plumbing
P-1001.6 Storm Water Drainage Piping, Conversion
or unsanitary conditions will be created ...
Philadelphia Plumbing Code > 10 Storm Water Drainage Piping > P-1001 General Requirements > P-1001.6 Conversion
A-505.1 Violations, General
or property, including any danger to life or property of adjoining or abutting structures. Any unsafe or unsanitary condition is observed which ...
108.1.5 Scope and Administration, Dangerous Structure or Premises
, is determined by the code official to be unsanitary, unfit for human habitation or in such a condition that is likely to cause sickness or disease. Any ...
Philadelphia Property Maintenance Code > 1 Scope and Administration > 108 Unsafe Structures and Equipment > 108.1 General > 108.1.5 Dangerous Structure or Premises