For Configurations A, B and C, retrofit studs shall be attached to lateral braces in accordance with Figures 1708.1.2(1) and Figure 1707.1(3) or 1707.1(4). For Configuration D, retrofit studs shall be attached to lateral braces in accordance with Figures 1708.1.2(2) and Figure 1707.1(3) or 1707.1(4). Attachments shall comply with the following conditions except where attachments of retrofit studs at omitted lateral braces are in conformance with Section 1707.4.1.
2. Lateral braces shall be placed such that one narrow face of the lateral brace is aligned with one wide face of the primary or retrofit stud and the strap shall be bent such that it is in contact with the narrow edge closest to the gable end wall of the primary or retrofit stud being wrapped.
3. At the back of primary or retrofit studs, the two bends of straps shall be crisp.
4. Lateral braces shall butt snugly against the primary or retrofit stud with a maximum gap of 1/4 inch (6 mm).
5. Straps shall be attached to lateral braces using the number of 11/2 inch long fasteners specified in Table 1704.1. Fasteners for straps shall be placed minimum 23/4 inches (70 mm) from ends of lateral braces.
6. Straps shall be permitted to be twisted or bent where they transition between the tops of retrofit studs and lateral braces that follow roof pitch. Straps shall be bent only once at a given location, although it is permissible that they be bent or twisted at multiple locations along their length.
U-BENT STRAP METHOD FOR CONFIGURATIONS A, B AND C
U-BENT STRAP METHOD FOR CONFIGURATION D