Where toilet and bathing rooms are provided in the Type B+NYC dwelling unit or sleeping unit, all such toilet and bathing rooms shall comply with Appendix P.
Exception for Type A toilet and bathing room:
- Where at least one toilet and bathing room in the Type B+NYC dwelling unit or sleeping unit is constructed in accordance with the Type A toilet and bathing facilities requirements of Section 1003.11 (Toilet and Bathing Facilities), including Section 1003.3.2 (Turning Space), of ICC A117.1 and is in compliance with the following:
- At least one lavatory, one water closet and either a bathtub or shower within such toilet or bathing facility shall comply with Section 1003.11 of ICC A117.1. Such toilet and bathing fixtures shall be in a single toilet or bathing area, such that travel between fixtures does not require travel beyond the area in which the fixtures of such toilet or bathing room are located.
- Toilet paper dispensers within such rooms shall comply with Section 604.7 (Dispensers) of ICC A117.1.
- Medicine cabinets, if provided, must include a storage shelf no higher than 44 inches (1118 mm) above the floor.
- Where at least one toilet and bathing room complying with Sections 1003.11 and 1002.3.2 of ICC A117.1 is provided within the Type B+NYC dwelling unit or sleeping unit in accordance with Item 1 of this exception, other toilet and bathing rooms in the same unit shall be required to comply only with Sections 1004.3 (Accessible route), 1004.4 (Walking Surfaces), 1004.5.2 (User Passage Doorways), 1004.9 (Operable Parts) and 1004.11.1 (Grab Bar and Shower Seat Reinforcement) of ICC A117.1. Doors and doorways to such toilet and bathing rooms shall be subject to Section 1107.2.1, Exception 5.