// CODE SNIPPET
1107.2.5 Type B+NYC Multistory Units
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Multistory Type B+NYC dwelling units or sleeping units shall comply with the following:
- One of the stories with an accessible entrance shall be designated as the primary entry story to the unit;
- All rooms, spaces and doors on the primary entry story shall comply with Section 1107.2; and
- Rooms, spaces or doors located on other than the primary entry story, and interior routes thereto, need not comply with Section 1107.2 where the primary entry story contains equivalent functional facilities. Functional facilities shall include cooking facilities, bathing facilities, laundry equipment, sleeping areas, living areas, dining areas, and outdoor areas such as balconies or terraces.
- An accessible external elevator is provided to connect all such stories of the multistory dwelling unit or sleeping unit; or
- A stairway complying with Section 504 (Stairways) of ICC A117.1 with a minimum clear width of 36 inches (914 mm) is provided within the multistory dwelling unit or sleeping unit to connect all such stories of the unit; or
- An accessible route complying with Section 402 (accessible routes) of ICC A117.1 is provided within the dwelling unit or sleeping unit to connect all such stories of the unit.