2303.4.1.1 Truss Design Drawings
The written, graphic and pictorial depiction of each individual truss shall be provided to the building official for approval prior to installation. Truss design drawings shall be provided with the shipment of trusses delivered to the job site. Truss design drawings shall include, at a minimum, the following information:
- Slope or depth, span and spacing.
- Location of all joints and support locations.
- Number of plies if greater than one.
- Required bearing widths.
- Other lateral loads, including drag strut loads.
- Adjustments to wood member and metal connector plate design value for conditions of use.
- Maximum reaction force and direction, including maximum uplift reaction forces where applicable.
- Joint connection type and description, such as size and thickness or gage, and the dimensioned location of each joint connector except where symmetrically located relative to the joint interface.
- Size, species and grade for each wood member.
- Truss-to-truss connections and truss field assembly requirements.
- Calculated span-to-deflection ratio and maximum vertical and horizontal deflection for live and total load as applicable.
- Maximum axial tension and compression forces in the truss members.
- Required permanent individual truss member restraint location and the method and details of restraint/bracing to be used in accordance with Section 2303.4.1.2.