1126.96.36.199 Treatment Room
- The area shall not be less than 120 square feet (11.15 m2) of clear floor area, exclusive of toilet room(s), waiting area and storage.
- Each treatment room shall contain an examination light, work counter, and handwashing station.
- Medical equipment, cabinets, medication storage and counter space for writing.
- The dimensions and arrangement of treatment rooms shall be such that there is a minimum of 3 feet (914 mm) between the sides and foot of the bed/gurney and any wall or any other fixed obstruction. The treatment room may have additional space and provisions for several patients with cubicle curtains for privacy.
- Multiple-station treatment rooms shall provide a minimum of 80 square feet (7.43 m2) per patient gurney, with a minimum 8 foot width (2,438 mm) and 3 feet (914 mm) at the foot of the bed/gurney, with a minimum of 3 feet to any wall or fixed obstruction, and a minimum of 5 feet (1524 mm) between patient gurneys. Patient gurneys shall be separated from adjoining cubicles by curtains. Handwashing fixtures shall be provided for each four treatment stations and for each major fraction thereof in multiple-station areas. These shall be uniformly distributed to provide equal access from each patient station.
Exception: Where renovation of existing treatment rooms is undertaken in facilities approved under the 2001 or prior California Building Code, existing treatment rooms may be renovated, or replaced in kind one for one in the renovated space. Such treatment rooms shall have no less than 80 square feet (7.43 m2) of clear floor area, the least dimension of which shall be 8 feet (2438 mm).