Transportation of hazardous materials by vehicle shall be in accordance with this section, the rules, and the requirements contained in the regulations of the United States Department of Transportation, as set forth in 49 CFR, Parts 171, 172, 173, 177, 178, 180, 383, 387, 390, 392, 393, 396 and 397 and their appendices, and any amendments thereto, with respect to:
- The design, construction, maintenance and equipment of cargo tanks and other vehicles.
- The marking and placarding of vehicles.
- The preparation, execution and use of shipping documents.
- The handling, loading and unloading of hazardous materials.
- The qualifications and commercial driver's license requirements of vehicle operators.
- Insurance and other financial requirements.