The responsible person or licensee of a transient hotel licensed pursuant to division (A)(2) of section 3731.01 of the Revised Code shall not permit guests to stay in guestrooms or sleeping rooms for periods in excess of thirty (30) days.
1. Not more than 40 per cent of the total transient guestrooms and sleeping rooms in the facility are transient 270 day stay hotel rooms.
2. The designation of specific guestrooms or sleeping rooms on the license application or change of status application as 270 day stay hotel rooms does not change to another category or type during the annual hotel license period.
3. The responsible person or licensee of the licensed transient hotel submits the list of 270 day stay hotel room numbers to the state fire marshal not less than 30 days prior to the first day any guest is allowed to stay in any 270 day stay hotel room.
4. The responsible person or licensee of the transient hotel designates each specific 270 day stay hotel room by room number.
5. The building official having jurisdiction and the state fire marshal have approved the existing fire alarm system.
6. 270 day stay hotel room guests do not accumulate combustible materials within the 270 day stay hotel rooms to the point that the hazard classification of the hotel room would no longer be light hazard in the opinion of the fire code official.
7. No cooking devices except for those listed as safe for residential use as the terms are defined in paragraph (R)(2)(118.2) of this rule are stored or used within the 270 day stay hotel room.
8. Smoke detectors, which shall be properly installed in all guestrooms and sleeping rooms of a transient hotel that provides 270 day stay hotel rooms to guests, annunciate at a constantly attended location from which the structure's fire alarm system can be manually activated.
9. A means to manually activate the structure's fire alarm system is provided at the constantly attended location where the guestroom or sleeping room smoke detectors are annunciated.