1. The connected power associated with the following lighting equipment is not included in calculating total connected lighting power.
1.1. Professional sports arena playing field lighting.
1.2. Sleeping unit lighting in hotels, motels, boarding houses or similar buildings.
1.3. Emergency lighting automatically off during normal building operation.
1.4. Lighting in spaces specifically designed for use by occupants with special lighting needs including the visually impaired visual impairment and other medical and age-related issues.
1.5. Lighting in interior spaces that have been specifically designated as a registered interior historic landmark.
1.6. Casino gaming areas.
2.1. Task lighting for medical and dental purposes.
2.2. Display lighting for exhibits in galleries, museums and monuments.
3. Lighting for theatrical purposes, including performance, stage, film production and video production.
4. Lighting for photographic processes.
5. Lighting integral to equipment or instrumentation and is installed by the manufacturer.
6. Task lighting for plant growth or maintenance.
7. Advertising signage or directional signage.
8. In restaurant buildings and areas, lighting for food warming or integral to food preparation equipment.
9. Lighting equipment that is for sale.
10. Lighting demonstration equipment in lighting education facilities.
11. Lighting approved because of safety or emergency considerations, inclusive of exit lights.
12. Lighting integral to both open and glass-enclosed refrigerator and freezer cases.
13. Lighting in retail display windows, provided the display area is enclosed by ceiling-height partitions.
14. Furniture mounted supplemental task lighting that is controlled by automatic shutoff.
The wattage shall be the maximum labeled wattage of the luminaire.
The wattage shall be the specified wattage of the transformer supplying the system.
The wattage of all other lighting equipment shall be the wattage of the lighting equipment verified through data furnished by the manufacturer or other approved sources.
The wattage shall be:
1. The specified wattage of the luminaires included in the system with a minimum of 30 W/lin ft. (98 W/lin. m);
2. The wattage limit of the system’s circuit breaker; or
3. The wattage limit of other permanent current limiting device(s) on the system.