[NY] Section 101 Title, Scope and Purpose
This code establishes regulations affecting or relating to structures, processes, premises and safeguards regarding all of the following:
- The hazard of fire and explosion arising from the storage, handling or use of structures, materials or devices.
- Conditions hazardous to life, property or public welfare in the occupancy of structures or premises.
- Fire hazards in the structure or on the premises from occupancy or operation.
- Matters related to the construction, extension, repair, alteration or removal of fire suppression or alarm systems.
- Conditions affecting the safety of fire fighters and emergency responders during emergency operations.
Provisions in the following appendix have been adopted and are part of this code:
|Appendix D||Fire Apparatus Access Roads|
In addition, the following appendices are included for informational purposes:
|Appendix B||Fire-Flow Requirements for Buildings|
|Appendix C||Fire Hydrant Locations and Distribution|
|Appendix E||Hazard Categories|
|Appendix F||Hazard Ranking|
|Appendix G||Cryogenic Fluids—Weight and Volume Equivalents|
|Appendix H||Hazardous Materials Management Plan and Hazardous Materials Inventory Statement Instructions|
|Appendix I||Fire Protection Systems—Noncompliant Conditions|
|Appendix J||Building Information Sign|
|Appendix L||Requirements for Fire Fighter Air Replenishment Systems|
|Appendix N||Indoor Trade Shows and Exhibitions|