In Tip of Manhattan Subdistrict B, for Parcels 1 and 2/3, as shown on Map 4 (Waterfront Access Plan: Parcel Designation) in the Appendix to this Chapter, the following regulations shall apply.
(a) Applicability of waterfront public access area requirements to Use Group 16
In Subarea B1, as shown on Map 1, developments of buildings containing exclusively commercial or public utility vehicle storage, including accessory fuel pumps, as listed in Use Group 16C, shall be exempted from waterfront public access area requirements.
(b) Shore public walkways
On Parcel 1, no shore public walkway shall be required.
(c) Upland connections
On Parcel 2/3, upland connections shall be provided along the shared boundary between Parcels 1 and 2/3, and within the area located between a line parallel to and 20 feet south of the prolongation of the centerline of West 218th Street and a line parallel to and 30 feet north of such centerline.
(d) Supplemental public access areas
(1) on Parcel 1, supplemental public access area shall be bounded by Ninth Avenue to the west, the shared boundary of Parcels 1 and 2/3 to the south, and the stabilized shore to the east. Section 62-571 (Location and area requirements for supplemental public access areas) shall not apply to such supplemental public access area;
(2) on Parcel 2/3, supplemental public access area, if required, shall be located at the intersection of the upland connection and the shore public walkway. Section 62-571 shall be modified to allow the longest side of such supplemental public access area to adjoin the upland connection provided that the maximum depth measured perpendicular to the upland connection does not exceed 1.5 times the width measured parallel to the upland connection.
(e) Visual corridors
Visual corridors shall be provided at three locations as shown on Map 6 (Waterfront Access Plan: Visual Corridors) in the Appendix to this Chapter:
(1) within the prolongation of the street lines of West 220th Street;
(2) within the prolongation of the street lines of Ninth Avenue;
(3) within the area located between a line parallel to and 20 feet south of the prolongation of the centerline of West 218th Street and a line parallel to and 30 feet north of such centerline. In the event that such visual corridor abuts an open area with a minimum depth of 20 feet along the entire length of such visual corridor, and an easement for such open area has been recorded against the property, the minimum dimension of a visual corridor set forth in Section 62-512 (Dimensions of visual corridors) may be reduced to 30 feet.