C405.2.2.1 Time-Switch Control Function
Each space provided with time-switch controls shall also be provided with a manual control for light reduction in accordance with Section C405.2.2.2. Time-switch controls shall include an override switching device that complies with the following:
- Have a minimum 7-day clock.
- Be capable of being set for seven different day types per week.
- Incorporate an automatic holiday "shutoff" feature, which turns off all controlled lighting loads for at least 24 hours and then resumes normally scheduled operations.
- Have program backup capabilities, which prevent the loss of program and time settings for at least 10 hours, if power is interrupted.
- 5.1. The override switch shall be a manual control.
- 5.2. The override switch, when initiated, shall permit the controlled lighting to remain on for not more than 2 hours.
- 5.3. Any individual override switch shall control the lighting for an area not larger than 5,000 square feet (465 m2).
- 1.1. The time limit shall be permitted to be greater than 2 hours, provided that the override switch is a captive key device.
- 1.2. The area controlled by the override switch is permitted to be greater than 5,000 square feet (465 m2), but shall not be greater than 20,000 square feet (1860 m2).
- 2.1. Spaces that have only one luminaire with a rated power of less than 100 watts.
- 2.2. Spaces that use less than 0.6 watts per square foot (6.5 W/m2).
- 2.3. Corridors, equipment rooms, public lobbies, electrical or mechanical rooms.