The provisions set forth in this Section and Section 105-34 (Grading Controls for Tier II Sites) shall apply to driveways and to #private roads# that provide access to #buildings developed# after February 2, 2005. The provisions for #private roads# set forth in Article II, Chapter 6, shall not apply.
- #Private roads#
- The maximum grade of a #private road# shall not exceed 10 percent.
- The width of the graded section beyond the curb back or edge of pavement of a #private road# shall extend no more than three feet beyond the curb back or edge of pavement on both the cut and the fill sides of the roadway. If a sidewalk is to be installed parallel to the roadway, the graded section shall be increased by the width of the sidewalk plus no more than one foot beyond the curb back.
- The paved width of a #private road# shall not exceed 34 feet.
- Curbs shall be provided along each side of the entire length of a #private road# and #accessory# parking spaces may be located between the required roadbed and curb.
- A curb cut, excluding splays, from a #street# to a #private road# may be as wide as such #private road#.
- Curb cuts providing access from #private roads# to parking spaces shall not exceed the width of the driveway served and in no event shall exceed a width of 18 feet, including splays.
- A minimum distance of 16 feet of uninterrupted curb space shall be maintained between all curb cuts.
- Along the entire length of a #private road#, trees shall be provided and maintained at the rate of one tree for every 25 feet of #private road# frontage and shall comply with the requirements set forth in Section 105-32 (Botanic Environment and Tree Planting Requirements).
- No building permit shall be issued by the Department of Buildings without approval by the Fire Department regarding the adequacy of vehicular access to and within the #development# for fire safety. Such approval may include the modification of #private road# width as set forth in paragraph (b)(3) of this Section.