- Light fixtures;
- Plumbing fixtures;
- Doors and trim;
- Masonry (reused masonry may only be used for flatwork);
- Electrical devices;
- Foundations or portions of foundations.
See LAMC Subdivision 99.04.106.4.2 for additional requirements related to EVCS for multifamily dwellings and "R" occupancies other than one- and two-family dwellings.
- Composite floor joist or premanufactured floor framing system;
- Composite roof rafters or premanufactured roof framing system;
- Panelized (SIPS, ICF or similar) wall framing system;
- Other methods approved by the Department.
- Bamboo or cork;
- Engineered products;
- Agricultural based products;
- Other products acceptable to the enforcing Department.
Thermal insulation installed in the building shall meet the following requirements:
Tier 1. Install thermal insulation in compliance with the California Department of Public Health, "Standard Method for the Testing and Evaluation of Volatile Organic Chemical Emissions from Indoor Sources Using Environmental Chambers," Version 1.1, February 2010 (also known as Specification 01350), certified as a CHPS Low-Emitting Material in the Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS) High Performance Products Database; products certified under the UL GREENGUARD Gold (formerly Greenguard Children & Schools program); or meet California Department of Public Health, "Standard Method for the Testing and Evaluation of Volatile Organic Chemical Emissions from Indoor Sources Using Environmental Chambers," Version 1.1, February 2010 (also known as Specification 01350).
Tier 2. Install insulation which complies with Tier 1 plus does not contain any added formaldehyde.
Note: Documentation must be provided that verifies the materials are certified to meet the pollutant emission limits in this section.