(A) The Intersystem Bonding Termination Device
- Be accessible for connection and inspection.
- Consist of a set of terminals with the capacity for connection of not less than three intersystem bonding conductors.
- Not interfere with opening the enclosure for a service, building or structure disconnecting means, or metering equipment.
- At the service equipment, be securely mounted and electrically connected to an enclosure for the service equipment, to the meter enclosure, or to an exposed nonflexible metallic service raceway, or be mounted at one of these enclosures and be connected to the enclosure or to the grounding electrode conductor with a minimum 6 AWG copper conductor.
- At the disconnecting means for a building or structure, be securely mounted and electrically connected to the metallic enclosure for the building or structure disconnecting means, or be mounted at the disconnecting means and be connected to the metallic enclosure or to the grounding electrode conductor with a minimum 6 AWG copper conductor.
- The terminals shall be listed as grounding and bonding equipment.
Exception: In existing buildings or structures where any of the intersystem bonding and grounding electrode conductors required by 770.100(B)(2), 800.100(B)(2), 810.21(F)(2), 820.100, and 830.100 exist, installation of the intersystem bonding termination is not required. An accessible means external to enclosures for connecting intersystem bonding and grounding electrode conductors shall be permitted at the service equipment and at the disconnecting means for any additional buildings or structures by at least one of the following means:
- Exposed nonflexible metallic raceways
- An exposed grounding electrode conductor
- Approved means for the external connection of a copper or other corrosion-resistant bonding or grounding electrode conductor to the grounded raceway or equipment
Informational Note No. 1: A 6 AWG copper conductor with one end bonded to the grounded nonflexible metallic raceway or equipment and with 150 mm (6 in.) or more of the other end made accessible on the outside wall is an example of the approved means covered in 250.94, Exception item (3).
Informational Note No. 2: See 770.100, 800.100, 810.21, 820.100, and 830.100 for intersystem bonding and grounding requirements for conductive optical fiber cables, communications circuits, radio and television equipment, CATV circuits and network-powered broadband communications systems, respectively.