A commissioning plan shall be developed by a registered design professional or approved agency for all systems to be commissioned or inspected and shall include all of the following:
- An overview of the commissioning process developed specifically for the project.
- The roles and responsibilities for the commissioning and inspection providers throughout the project. The responsibilities shall delineate the duties of the commissioning providers, inspectors and other agencies.
- Documentation of communication channels including the distribution of the commissioning plan, logs and reports during the design and construction process.
- A detailed description of commissioning process activities, a schedule of activities, and the list of operations, systems and assemblies that will be commissioned or inspected. Performance criteria shall be included where not shown on the construction documents.
- Project design documentation and submittal review procedures and reports.
- Inspection checklists and testing forms, issues and resolution log, and commissioning and inspection process information.
- The procedures to follow where commissioning evaluation does not meet the project requirements.
- Required reports including format, approvals and distribution.