N1184.108.40.206 Testing Option
Tested air leakage is less than 7 ACH when tested with a blower door at a pressure of 50 pascals (0.007 psi). Testing shall occur after rough in and after installation of penetrations of the building envelope, including penetrations for utilities, plumbing, electrical, ventilation and combustion appliances.
- Exterior windows and doors, fireplace and stove doors shall be closed, but not sealed;
- Dampers shall be closed, but not sealed; including exhaust, intake, makeup air, back draft, and flue dampers;
- Interior doors shall be open;
- Exterior openings for continuous ventilation systems and heat recovery ventilators shall be closed and sealed;
- Heating and cooling system(s) shall be turned off;
- HVAC ducts shall not be sealed; and
- Supply and return registers shall not be sealed.