// CODE SNIPPET
1812A.4.3 Testing of Tie-Back Anchors
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- The geotechnical engineer shall keep a record at job site of all test loads, total anchor movement, and report their accuracy.
- The contractor shall determine the cause of failure — variations of the soil conditions, installation methods, materials, etc.
- The contractor shall propose a solution to remedy the problem. The proposed solution will need to be reviewed and approved by the geotechnical engineer, shoring design engineer and building official.
- After a satisfactory test, each anchor shall be locked-off in accordance with Section 8.4 of PTI 2004.
- The shoring design engineer shall specify design loads for each anchor.