// CODE SNIPPET
2410.1.2 Testing and Inspection
Jump To Full Code Chapter
Testing and inspection of structural sealant glazing (SSG) shall satisfy the following requirements:
- The seismic drift capability of structural sealant glazing shall be determined by tests in accordance with AAMA 501.6, AAMA 501.4 and ASCE 7, Section 126.96.36.199.
- The applicability of the specific AAMA 501.6 and AAMA 501.4 testing shall be subject to approval by the building official.
- The panel test specimens used in the AAMA 501.6 and AAMA 501.4 testing shall include all glass types (annealed, heat strengthened, laminated, tempered) and insulated glass units that comprise more than 5 percent of the total glass curtain wall area used in the building.
- AAMA 501.4 test specimen shall include the same materials, sections, connections, and attachment details to the test apparatus as used in the building.
- Serviceability tests of SSG test specimen shall be performed in accordance with AAMA 501.4 after seismic displacement tests to the design story drift.
- The window wall system using structural sealant by different manufacturer/product category shall be qualified in accordance with AAMA 501.6 and AAMA 501.4 testing for the seismic drift required. Analysis as an alternative to testing is not acceptable for the purposes of satisfying the seismic drift requirements of the SSG system.
- Where unitized SSG is used with horizontal stack joints at each floor level and split vertical mullions that can move independently, only a story height single unit need to be tested under AAMA 501.6. Where continuous horizontal bands of SSG are used in the building, either two or four sided, the aspect ratio (height-to-length) of the test specimen shall be less than 1.0, contain not less than two interior vertical joints and all joints (vertical in the case of two sided), including the perimeter of the glass, shall be glazed with SSG.
- Where SSG continues around corners, the AAMA 501.4 test specimen shall include one corner panel to verify the kinematics of the corner condition under seismic drift.
- Quality assurance and inspection requirements shall include formalized post-installation tests using the point load testing procedure in accordance with ASTM C1392. The point load tests shall be done after the initial installation.
- Where the SSG is field assembled, hand pull tab tests in accordance with ASTM C1401, Section X2.1, one test every 100 linear feet, but not less than one test for each building elevation view shall be required.
Related Code Sections
1.9 General, Testing and Inspection
Concrete materials shall be tested in accordance with the requirements of Chapter 26 ...
1318.0 Health Care Facilities and Medical Gas and Medical Vacuum Systems, Testing and Inspection
Inspection and testing shall be performed on components, or portions thereof, of new, piped medical gas or vacuum systems, additions, renovations ...
1319.0 Health Care Facilities and Medical Gas and Medical Vacuum Systems, Testing and Inspection
Inspection and testing shall be performed on components, or portions thereof, of new piped medical gas or vacuum systems, additions, renovations ...
1908.2 Concrete, Tests and Inspections
addition to testing requirements in ACI 318, special inspection and testing shall be in accordance with Section 1705.3.9 ...