When post-installed anchors are used for sill plate bolting applications, 10 percent of the anchors shall be tested.
When post-installed anchors are used for other structural applications, all such anchors shall be tested.
When post-installed anchors are used for nonstructural components, such as equipment anchorage, 50 percent or alternate bolts in a group, including at least one-half the anchors in each group, shall be tested.
- Undercut anchors that allow visual confirmation of full set shall not require testing.
- Where the factored design tension on anchors is less than 100 lbs and those anchors are clearly noted on the approved construction documents, only 10 percent of those anchors shall be tested.
- The dowels are used exclusively to transmit shear forces across joints between existing and new concrete.
- The number of dowels in any one member equals or exceeds twelve (12).
- The dowels are uniformly distributed across seismic force resisting members (such as shear walls, collectors, and diaphragms).
- Testing of shear dowels across cold joints in slabs on grade, where the slab is not part of the lateral force-resisting system shall not be required.
- Testing is not required for power actuated fasteners used to attach tracks of interior non-shear wall partitions for shear only, where there are at least three fasteners per segment of track.