// CODE SNIPPET
1231.2.3 Temporary Staging Cell or Room
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- Be constructed for the purpose of holding inmates who have been classified and segregated in accordance with Sections 1050 and 1053 of Title 15, Division 1, California Code of Regulations.
- Be limited to holding inmates up to four hours.
- Be limited to no more than 80 inmates.
- Contain a minimum of 10 square feet (0.93 m2) of floor area per inmate and a clear ceiling height of 8 feet (2438 mm) or more.
- Be no smaller than 160 square feet (14.9 m2).
- Contain seating to accommodate all inmates as required in Section 1231.3.
- Contain toilet, wash basin and drinking fountain as specified in Section 1231.3.
- Maximize visual supervision of inmates by staff.