// CODE SNIPPET
Section 3105 Temporary Special Event Structures
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Temporary special event structures erected in accordance with ANSI E1.21 shall not be erected for a period of more than six consecutive weeks.
- 1.1. A summary sheet showing the building code used, design criteria, loads and support reactions.
- 1.2. Detailed construction and installation drawings.
- 1.3. Design calculations.
- 1.4. Operating limits of the structure explicitly outlined by the registered design professional including environmental conditions and physical forces.
- 1.5. Effects of additive elements such as video walls, supported scenery, audio equipment, vertical and horizontal coverings.
- 1.6. Means for adequate stability including specific requirements for guying and cross-bracing, ground anchors or ballast for different ground conditions.
- Designation of responsible party: The owner of the temporary special event structure shall designate in writing a person to have responsibility for the temporary special event structure on the site. The designated person shall have sufficient knowledge of the construction documents, manufacturer's recommendations and operations plan to make judgments regarding the structure's safety and to coordinate with the fire code official.
- Operations plan: The operations plan shall reflect manufacturer's operational guidelines, procedures for environmental monitoring and actions to be taken under specified conditions consistent with the construction documents.
The inspecting agency or individual shall furnish an inspection report to the fire code official. The inspection report shall indicate that the temporary special event structure was inspected and was or was not installed in accordance with the approved construction documents. Discrepancies shall be brought to the immediate attention of the installer for correction. Where any discrepancy is not corrected, it shall be brought to the attention of the fire code official and the designated responsible party.
Temporary special event structure shall be located a distance from property lines and buildings to accommodate distances indicated in the construction drawings for guy wires, cross-bracing, ground anchors or ballast. Location shall not interfere with egress from a building or encroach on fire apparatus access roads.