// CODE SNIPPET
5704.2.13.1.4 Tanks Abandoned in Place
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Tanks abandoned in place shall be as follows:
- Flammable and combustible liquids shall be removed from the tank and connected piping.
- The suction, inlet, gauge, vapor return and vapor lines shall be disconnected.
- The tank shall be filled completely with an approved inert solid material.
- Remaining underground piping shall be capped or plugged.
- A record of tank size, location and date of abandonment shall be retained.
- All exterior above-grade fill piping shall be permanently removed when tanks are abandoned or removed.