// CODE SNIPPET
C405.3 Tandem Wiring (Mandatory)
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The following luminaires located within the same area shall be tandem wired:
- Fluorescent luminaires equipped with one, three or odd-numbered lamp configurations, that are recess-mounted within 10 feet (3048 mm) center-to-center of each other.
- Fluorescent luminaires equipped with one, three or any odd-numbered lamp configuration, that are pendant- or surface-mounted within 1 foot (305 mm) edge-to-edge of each other.
- Where electronic high-frequency ballasts are used.
- Luminaires on emergency circuits.
- Luminaires with no available pair in the same area.