// CODE SNIPPET
101.2.4 Systems and Equipment Outside the Scope
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
This code shall not apply to the following:
- Portable LP-gas appliances and equipment of all types that are not connected to a fixed fuel piping system.
- Oxygen-fuel gas cutting and welding systems.
- Industrial gas applications using gases such as acetylene and acetylenic compounds, hydrogen, ammonia, carbon monoxide, oxygen and nitrogen.
- Petroleum refineries, pipeline compressor or pumping stations, loading terminals, compounding plants, refinery tank farms and natural gas processing plants.
- Integrated chemical plants or portions of such plants where flammable or combustible liquids or gases are produced by, or used in, chemical reactions.
- LP-gas installations at utility gas plants.
- Liquefied natural gas (LNG) installations.
- Fuel gas piping in public utility power plants and atomic energy plants.
- Components within proprietary items of equipment, apparatus or instruments such as gas-generating sets, compressors and calorimeters.
- LP-gas equipment for vaporization, gas mixing and gas manufacturing.
- Temporary LP-gas piping for buildings under construction or renovation that is not to become part of the permanent piping system.
- Installation of LP-gas systems for railroad switch heating.
- Installation of hydrogen gas, LP-gas and compressed natural gas (CNG) systems on vehicles.
- Except as provided in Section 401.1.1 and Appendices E and G, gas piping, meters, gas pressure regulators and other appurtenances used by the serving gas supplier in the distribution of gas, other than undiluted LP-gas.
- Building design and construction, except as specified herein.
- Piping systems for mixtures of gas and air within the flammable range with an operating pressure greater than 10 psig (69 kPa gauge).
- Portable fuel cell appliances that are neither connected to a fixed piping system nor interconnected to a power grid.