Sections 110.1 through 110.11 specify requirements for manufacturing, construction and installation of certain systems, equipment, appliances and building components that are installed in buildings within the scope of Section 100.0(a).
NOTE: The requirements of Sections 110.0 through 110.11 apply to newly constructed buildings. Sections 141.0 and 150.2 specify which requirements of Sections 110.1 through 110.11 also apply to additions and alterations to existing buildings.
(a) General Requirements. Systems, equipment, appliances and building components shall only be installed in a building within the scope of Section 100.0(a) regulated by Part 6 only if:
- The manufacturer has certified that the system, equipment, appliances or building component complies with the applicable manufacturing provisions of Sections 110.1 through 110.11; and
- The system, equipment, appliance or building component complies with all applicable installation provisions of Sections 110.1 through 110.11.
(b) Certification Requirements for Manufactured Systems, Equipment, Appliances and Building Components.
- Appliances that are within the scope of Section 1601 of the Appliance Efficiency Regulations shall only be installed if they have been certified to the Energy Commission by the manufacturer, pursuant to the provisions of Title 20 California Code of Regulations, Section 1606; or
- all the information provided pursuant to the certification is true, complete, accurate and in compliance with all applicable requirements of Part 6; and
- the equipment, product, or device was tested using the test procedure specified in Part 6 if applicable
- A directory published or approved by the Commission; or
- A copy of the application for certification from the manufacturer and the letter of acceptance from the Commission staff; or
- Written confirmation from the publisher of a Commission-approved directory that a device has been certified; or
- A Commission-approved label on the device.
NOTE: Part 6 does not require a builder, designer, owner, operator, or enforcing agency to test any certified device to determine its compliance with minimum specifications or efficiencies adopted by the Commission.