// CODE SNIPPET
P2904.4.2 System Design Flow Rate
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The design flow rate for the system shall be based on the following:
- The design flow rate for a room having only one sprinkler shall be the flow rate required for that sprinkler, as determined by Section P2904.4.1.
- The design flow rate for a room having two or more sprinklers a shall be determined by identifying the sprinkler in that room with the highest required flow rate, based on Section P2904.4.1, and multiplying that flow rate by 2.
- Where the sprinkler manufacturer specifies different criteria for ceiling configurations that are not smooth, flat and horizontal, the required flow rate for that room shall comply with the sprinkler manufacturer's instructions.
- The design flow rate for the sprinkler system shall be the flow required by the room with the largest flow rate, based on Items 1, 2 and 3.
- For the purpose of this section, it shall be permissible to reduce the design flow rate for a room by subdividing the space into two or more rooms, where each room is evaluated separately with respect to the required design flow rate. Each room shall be bounded by walls and a ceiling. Openings in walls shall have a lintel not less than 8 inches (203 mm) in depth and each lintel shall form a solid barrier between the ceiling and the top of the opening.
Related Code Sections
P2904.4.2 Water Supply and Distribution, System Design Flow Rate
The design flow rate for the system shall be based on the following: The design flow rate for a room having only one sprinkler shall be the flow ...
Residential Code 2018 of Kansas > 29 Water Supply and Distribution > P2904 Dwelling Unit Fire Sprinkler Systems > P2904.4 Determining System Design Flow > P2904.4.2 System Design Flow Rate
18.104.22.168.2* Installation Requirements,
Calculations shall be provided to verify that the system design flow rate will be achieved ...
Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems 2016 of Kansas > 8 Installation Requirements > 8.15 Special Situations > 8.15.20 Piping to Sprinklers Below Ceilings > 22.214.171.124 Revamping of Hydraulic Design Systems > 126.96.36.199.2*
403.3.1.4 Ventilation, Variable Air Volume System Control
to regulate the flow of outdoor air. Such control system shall be designed to maintain the flow rate of outdoor air at a rate of not less than ...
Mechanical Code 2018 of Kansas > 4 Ventilation > 403 Mechanical Ventilation > 403.3 Outdoor Air and Local Exhaust Airflow Rates > 403.3.1 Other Buildings Intended to Be Occupied > 403.3.1.4 Variable Air Volume System Control
1110.1 Storm Drainage, General
requirements of Section 316.1. The controlled flow system shall be designed based on the required rainfall rate in accordance with Section 1106.1 ...
Plumbing Code 2018 of Kansas > 11 Storm Drainage > 1110 Controlled Flow Roof Drain Systems > 1110.1 General
C403.4.4 [CE] Commercial Energy Efficiency, Part-Load Controls
by reducing the system design flow rate by not less than 50 percent or the maximum reduction allowed by the equipment manufacturer for proper operation ...
Energy Conservation Code 2018 of Kansas > 4 [CE] Commercial Energy Efficiency > C403 Building Mechanical Systems > C403.4 Heating and Cooling System Controls (Mandatory) > C403.4.4 Part-Load Controls