// CODE SNIPPET
3314.3.2 Suspended Scaffolds
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Suspended scaffolds shall be designed by a registered design professional.
- Design is not required for a single tier nonadjustable suspended scaffold whose platform is 40 square feet (12 192 mm) or less in size.
- In lieu of a registered design professional, a two-point, single tier, suspended scaffold may be designed by a licensed rigger provided:
- The scaffold or scaffold outrigger beam or suspension member support structure is not anchored to the building or structure, other than tiebacks; and
- The scaffold will not be loaded, or designed to be loaded, in excess of 75 pounds per square foot (366.15 kg/m2); and either
- In lieu of a registered design professional or a licensed rigger, a two-point, single tier, suspended scaffold meeting the requirements of Item 2 of these exceptions that is used exclusively for sign hanging work may be designed by a licensed sign hanger.