// CODE SNIPPET
R318.1 Subterranean Termite Control Methods
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
In areas subject to damage from termites as indicated by Table R301.2, protection shall be by one, or a combination, of the following methods:
- Chemical termiticide treatment in accordance with Section R318.2.
- Termite-baiting system installed and maintained in accordance with the label.
- Pressure-preservative-treated wood in accordance with the provisions of Section R317.1.
- Naturally durable termite-resistant wood.
- Physical barriers in accordance with Section R318.3 and used in locations as specified in Section R317.1.
- Cold-formed steel framing in accordance with Sections R505.2.1 and R603.2.1.
Lumber and plywood required to be pressure-preservative treated in accordance with Section R318.1 shall bear the quality mark of an approved inspection agency that maintains continuing supervision, testing and inspection over the quality of the product and that has been approved by an accreditation body that complies with the requirements of the American Lumber Standard Committee treated wood program.
Field-cut ends, notches and drilled holes of pressure-preservative-treated wood shall be retreated in the field in accordance with AWPA M4.
Related Code Sections
R318.1 Building Planning, Subterranean Termite Control Methods
In areas subject to damage from termites as indicated by Table R301.2, protection shall be by one, or a combination, of the following methods ...
Residential Code 2021 of Colorado > 3 Building Planning > R318 Protection Against Subterranean Termites > R318.1 Subterranean Termite Control Methods