// CODE SNIPPET
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
[HCD 1] Submeters (or meters) shall be installed to measure potable and reclaimed (recycled) water (hot and cold) that is supplied for the exclusive use of an individual dwelling unit within a newly constructed, multiunit rental residential structure; or for the use of an individual dwelling unit within a newly constructed mixed-use rental residential/commercial structure. Submeters (or meters) shall be installed in accordance with this code and the manufacturer's installation instructions.
See Water Code Section 517 for definitions of "multiunit residential structure" and "mixed-use residential and commercial structure." See also Civil Code commencing with Section 1954.201.
- Long-term health care facilities as defined in Health and Safety Code Section 1418.
- Low-income housing as defined in Health and Safety Code Section 17922.14 (c)(2)(B).
- Residential care facilities for the elderly as defined in Health and Safety Code Section 1569.2 (p)(1).
- Housing at a place of education as defined in Title 24 of the California Code of Regulations, California Building Code, Part 2, Section 202.
- Time-share property as defined in Business and Professions Code Section 11212, Subdivision (aa).