Positive attachment of sheets shall be provided to resist uplift forces. Attachment shall be as set forth in Section 2222.3.1 and as required by rational analysis, and/or tests, but not less frequently than the following maximum spacing:
- One fastener shall be placed near the corner of each sheet or at overlapping corners of sheets.
- Along each supporting member, the spacing of fasteners shall not exceed 8-inches (203 mm) on centers at ends of sheets or 12-inches (305 mm) on
- The spacing of edge fasteners between panels, and between panels and supporting members, parallel to the direction of span, where continuous interlock is not otherwise provided shall be not more than 12-inches (305 mm) on center.
- Fastening shall be by bolting, welding or other approved fastening device that provides a resistance to lateral movement as required by rational analysis or by test, but not less than 400 pounds per lineal foot (5838 N/m).
- Poured lightweight concrete fill will be acceptable as continuous interlock.
- Attachment to the supporting structure shall be provided at all perimeters and discontinuities by fasteners spaced at no more than 8-inches (203 mm) on center.
- Wall panels shall be attached as set forth in Section 2222.4.2, Items 1, 2 and 3.
Metal siding and roof panels shall be not less than 24 gauge.