Structural observations shall be provided for those structures assigned to Seismic Design Category D, E or F where one or more of the following conditions exist:
- The structure is classified as Risk Category III or IV.
- The height of the structure is greater than 75 feet (22,860 mm) above the base as defined in ASCE 7.
- The structure is assigned to Seismic Design Category E, is classified as Risk Category I or II, and is greater than two stories above grade plane.
- When so designated by the registered design professional responsible for the structural design.
- When such observation is specifically required by the building official.