// CODE SNIPPET
2.0.1 Structural Evaluation Procedure
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- 1.1 Site visit and data collection;
- 1.2 Identification of building type;
- 1.3 Completion of evaluation statements in appendix;
- 1.4 Follow-up field work, if required;
- 1.5 Follow-up analysis for "False" evaluation statements;
- 1.6 Final evaluation for the building;
- 1.7 Preparation of the evaluation report; and
- 1.8 Submittal of evaluation report to OSHPD.
- The building was designed and constructed to the 1989 or later edition of Part 2, Title 24, and
- If any portion of the structure, except for the penthouse, is of steel moment resisting frame construction (Building Type 3, or Building Type 4 or 6 with dual lateral system, as defined in Section 2.2.3) and the building permit was issued after October 25, 1994.
- 2.2 All other conforming buildings as defined in Article 1, Section 1.2, may be placed into SPC 4 in accordance with Table 2.5.3, except those required by Section 4.2.10 to be placed in SPC 3 in accordance with Table 2.5.3, without the need for any structural evaluation.
- 2.3 Nonconforming buildings as defined in Article 1, Section 1.2 may be placed into SPC 1 in accordance with Table 2.5.3 without any structural evaluation.