// CODE SNIPPET
5.106.1 Stormwater Pollution Prevention for Projects That Disturb Less Than One Acre of Land
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Comply with a lawfully enacted stormwater management and/or erosion control ordinance.
Prevent the loss of soil through wind or water erosion by implementing an effective combination of erosion and sediment control and good housekeeping BMP's.
- Scheduling construction activity during dry weather, when possible.
- Preservation of natural features, vegetation, soil, and buffers around surface waters.
- Drainage swales or lined ditches to control stormwater flow.
- Mulching or hydroseeding to stabilize disturbed soils.
- Erosion control to protect slopes.
- Protection of storm drain inlets (gravel bags or catch basin inserts).
- Perimeter sediment control (perimeter silt fence, fiber rolls).
- Sediment trap or sediment basin to retain sediment on site.
- Stabilized construction exits.
- Wind erosion control.
- Other soil loss BMP's acceptable to the enforcing agency.
- Dewatering activities.
- Material handling and waste management.
- Building materials stockpile management.
- Management of washout areas (concrete, paints, stucco, etc.).
- Control of vehicle/equipment fueling to contractor's staging area.
- Vehicle and equipment cleaning performed off site.
- Spill prevention and control.
- Other housekeeping BMP's acceptable to the enforcing agency.