Section E4207 Storable Swimming Pools, Storable Spas, and Storable Hot Tubs
A cord and plug-connected pool filter pump for use with storable pools shall incorporate an approved system of double insulation or its equivalent and shall be provided with means for grounding only the internal and nonaccessible noncurrent-carrying metal parts of the appliance.
The means for grounding shall be an equipment grounding conductor run with the power-supply conductors in a flexible cord that is properly terminated in a grounding-type attachment plug having a fixed grounding contact. Cord and plug-connected pool filter pumps shall be provided with a ground-fault circuit-interrupter that is an integral part of the attachment plug or located in the power supply cord within 12 inches (305 mm) of the attachment plug. (680.31)
A luminaire installed in or on the wall of a storable pool shall be part of a cord and plug-connected lighting assembly. The assembly shall:
- Have a luminaire lamp that is suitable for the use at the supplied voltage;
- Have an impact-resistant polymeric lens, luminaire body, and transformer enclosure;
- Have a transformer meeting the requirements of section E4206.1 with a primary rating not over 150 volts; and
- Have no exposed metal parts. [680.33(A)]
A lighting assembly without a transformer or power supply, and with the luminaire lamp(s) operating at over the low-voltage contact limit, but not over 150 volts, shall be permitted to be cord and plug-connected where the assembly is listed as an assembly for the purpose and complies with all of the following:
- It has an impact-resistant polymeric lens and luminaire body.
- A ground-fault circuit-interrupter with open neutral conductor protection is provided as an integral part of the assembly.
- The luminaire lamp is permanently connected to the ground-fault circuit-interrupter with open-neutral protection.
- It complies with the requirements of Section E4206.4.
- It has no exposed metal parts. [680.33(B)]