4107.1 Pumps. A cord and plug-connected pool filter pump for use with storable pools shall incorporate an approved system of double insulation or its equivalent and shall be provided with means for grounding only the internal and nonaccessible noncurrent-carrying metal parts of the appliance.
The means for grounding shall be an equipment grounding conductor run with the power-supply conductors in a flexible cord that is properly terminated in a grounding-type attachment plug having a fixed grounding contact. Cord and plug-connected pool filter pumps shall be provided with a ground-fault circuit interrupter that is an integral part of the attachment plug or located in the power supply cord within 12 inches (305 mm) of the attachment plug.
E4107.2 Ground-fault circuit-interrupters required. Electrical equipment, including power-supply cords, used with storable pools shall be protected by ground-fault circuit-interrupters. All 125-volt receptacles located within 20 feet (6096 mm) of the inside walls of a storable pool shall be protected by a ground-fault circuit interrupter. In determining these dimensions, the distance to be measured shall be the shortest path that the supply cord of an appliance connected to the receptacle would follow without passing through a floor, wall, ceiling, doorway with hinged or sliding door, window opening, or other effective permanent barrier.
E4107.3 Luminaires. Luminaires for storable pools shall not have exposed metal parts and shall be listed for the purpose as an assembly. In addition, luminaires for storable pools shall comply with the requirements of Section E4107.3.1 or E4107.3.2.
E4107.3.1 Fifteen volts or less. A luminaire installed in or on the wall of a storable pool shall be part of a cord and plug-connected lighting assembly. The assembly shall:
1. Have a luminaire lamp that operates at 15 volts or less;
2. Have an impact-resistant polymeric lens, luminaire body, and transformer enclosure;
3. Have a transformer meeting the requirements of section E4106.1 with a primary rating not over 150 volts; and
4. Have no exposed metal parts.
E4107.3.2 Not over 150 volts. A lighting assembly without a transformer, and with the luminaire lamp(s) operating at not over 150 volts, shall be permitted to be cord and plug-connected where the assembly is listed as an assembly for the purpose and complies with all of the following:
1. It has an impact-resistant polymeric lens and luminaire body.
2. A ground-fault circuit interrupter with open neutral conductor protection is provided as an integral part of the assembly.
3. The luminaire lamp is permanently connected to the ground-fault circuit interrupter with open-neutral protection.
4. It complies with the requirements of Section E4106.4.
5. It has no exposed metal parts.E4107.4 Receptacle locations. Receptacles shall be located not less than 6 feet (1829 mm) from the inside walls of a pool. In determining these dimensions, the distance to be measured shall be the shortest path that the supply cord of an appliance connected to the receptacle would follow without passing through a floor, wall, ceiling, doorway with hinged or sliding door, window opening, or other effective permanent barrier.