Stay-in-place concrete forms shall comply with this section.
- Surface burning characteristics. The flame-spread index and smoke-developed index of forming material, other than foam plastic, left exposed on the interior shall comply with Section R302. The surface burning characteristics of foam plastic used in insulating concrete forms shall comply with Section R316.3.
- Interior covering. Stay-in-place forms constructed of rigid foam plastic shall be protected on the interior of the building as required by Section R316. Where gypsum board is used to protect the foam plastic, it shall be installed with a mechanical fastening system. Use of adhesives in addition to mechanical fasteners is permitted.
- Exterior wall covering. Stay-in-place forms constructed of rigid foam plastics shall be protected from sunlight and physical damage by the application of an approved exterior wall covering complying with this code. Exterior surfaces of other stay-in-place forming systems shall be protected in accordance with this code.
- Termite protection. In areas where the probability of termite infestation is "very heavy" as indicated by Table R301.2(1) or Figure R301.2(6), foam plastic insulation shall be permitted below grade on foundation walls in accordance with Section R318.4.
- Flat ICF wall system forms shall conform to ASTM E2634.