1704.3 Statement of Special Inspections
Where special inspections or tests are required by Section 1705, the registered design professional in responsible charge shall prepare a statement of special inspections in accordance with Section 1704.3.1 for submittal by the applicant in accordance with Section 1704.2.3.
The statement of special inspections shall identify the following:
- The materials, systems, components and work required to have special inspections or tests by the building official or by the registered design professional responsible for each portion of the work.
- The type and extent of each special inspection.
- The type and extent of each test.
- Additional requirements for special inspections or tests for seismic or wind resistance as specified in Sections 1705.11, 1705.12 and 1705.13.
- For each type of special inspection, identification as to whether it will be continuous special inspection, periodic special inspection or performed in accordance with the notation used in the referenced standard where the inspections are defined.