- Changes in accepted plans. Changes of the accepted plans or specifications shall be made by means of an addendum or change order sent to the address specified in Section 16-542(a).
- Alter use of space. Alter the proposed use of all or part of the library building;
- Change square footage of space. Change the square footage by 10 percent or more of a building space identified in the grant recipient's building program, and in the final construction documents accepted by the State Librarian;
- Decrease library components. Decrease the number of collections, readers’ seats, technology workstations, staff workstations and offices, meeting room seating by more than 10 percent;
- Change in building systems with negative impacts. Change the lighting, power, or data distribution systems in a manner that negatively impacts the use of the building, furniture, and equipment by the public or staff.
- Modify access compliance. Modify access compliance from what was approved by Division of State Architect's Access Compliance unit.
- Addendum and change order requirements. Addenda and change orders shall state the reason for the change and the scope of work to be provided, and where necessary, supplementary drawings shall be furnished to clearly describe the change.
- Accept. Accept the addendum or change order; or
- Return for resubmission. Return the addendum or change order, stating the reasons why it was not accepted, for revision or additional justification and resubmission.
- Addenda or change orders issued as submitted. If the State Librarian has not accepted or returned the addendum or change order within three working days, the addendum or change order may be issued as submitted.
- All other project addenda and change orders. All addenda or change orders not covered by Section 16-546(b) shall be issued without the State Librarian's review and acceptance.
Authority: Education Code Section 19992.
Reference: Education Code Sections 19989, 19995 and 19997.