1109.16.1 Standards for Dwellings Containing Universal Design Features for Accessibility
When the following requirements are met, approval shall be issued by the local building department indicating that a dwelling has been constructed in accordance with these standards and is deemed to be a dwelling containing universal design features for accessibility.
- 1.1. That at least one bedroom be added to the interior spaces required by Section 1005.4 of ICC A117.1.
- 1.2. In the toilet room or bathroom required by Section 1005 of ICC A117.1, in addition to the lavatory and water closet, a shower or bathtub complying with Section 1004.11.3.2.3 of ICC A117.1 shall be provided and shall include reinforcement for future installation of grab bars in accordance with Section 1004.11.1 of ICC A117.1.
- 1.3. That the exception to Section 1005.4 of ICC A117.1 is not applicable.
- 1.4. That there be a food preparation area complying with Section 1005.7 of ICC A117.1 on the entrance level.
- 1.5. That any thermostat for heating or cooling on the entrance level comply with Section 1005.8 of ICC A117.1.